Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now THAT'S How to Sign an Autograph - Optic Mavericks Banger

Now THAT'S How to Sign an Autograph - Optic Mavericks Banger
Banger Bros,

I've had relatively good luck with the 2022-23 Optic blasters over the last few months.

Today that continued with one of the nicest examples of "penmanship" in my entire collection - a big name back in the day as well!

[Image: Rolando.jpg]

The pro sports leagues should show examples like these to the incoming rookies every year as to how it's done.

I get that it's hard to sign that eloquently at a game or an airport or something, but if you're beng paid to sit down and sign your name, this is how it always should be.

An instant favorite in my collection for sure.

RE: Now THAT'S How to Sign an Autograph - Optic Mavericks Banger
Congrats RJ and good job to Rolando. I'm still amazed at some of the autographs I see these days.

(10-18-2023, 08:55 AM)akaus Wrote: Congrats RJ and good job to Rolando. I'm still amazed at some of the autographs I see these days.
Agreed, the young fellas have no excuses after seeing this one.

Yeah I know this is the basketball forum, but I have always thought there were some really good baseball HOF signers.
Ken Griffey Jr
Harmon Killebrew

Those are the first two that come to mind.

I have said it before (in some manner) that the old school players take a lot more pride in their signatures. With this generation's athletes, the majority of the time you get initials. And even sometimes those are illegible. I wonder if they even teach writing/cursive in school with so much being done on computers. Would be nice if the card companies required the players to make some sort of effort to at least write out your first or last name, otherwise don't pay them or drop them from autographed cards.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(10-18-2023, 10:34 AM)akaus Wrote: Yeah I know this is the basketball forum, but I have always thought there were some really good baseball HOF signers.
Ken Griffey Jr
Harmon Killebrew

Those are the first two that come to mind.
Yes, those are definitely classics ... I pulled a Griffey auto/100 from the 2009 UD Signature hobby boxes that they were blowing out at Target ... the greatest sticker auto dump in any product, ever, because UD was on the verge of losing its baseball license.