`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-and-done HOF ballot

1-and-done HOF ballot
Which player deserved to make a 2nd ballot, and/or who surprises you the most that they didn't get 5% of the vote?

https://www.beckett.com/news/one-sheet-c...me-ballot/
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

RE: 1-and-done HOF ballot
Delgado should have definitely got a little extra time on the ballot. Very Fred McGriff-like to me, except he actually had better OPS, OBP, OPS+, SLG, etc. Just lacked some of the counting numbers that a lot of voters look at.
Kepler

Delgodo & Jose def. deserved more than 1 year. A lot of the rest were players that I liked, but were not HOF'ers imo.

Actually, I think everyone that gets 1 vote should carry over until they get 0 votes in any given year or they hit 10 years eligibility. It's the BBWA HOF anyway...so I no longer care after the past 5-10 years. I care about the history of baseball more than about who is or isn't in the HOF.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I agree with you both that Delgado should've remained on the ballot, and eventually get elected. He doesn't have any PED suspicion to my knowledge, and wasn't named in the Mitchell Report.

Although his career, and Shawn Green's, took off when Canseco and Clemens arrived in Toronto!

Maybe it's just me but I think Alfonso Soriano was very underrated.

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Here is a different view: If a player's RC is less than $3 value there would be no reason to put that player in the HOF since value of a RC is based on performance and popularity.

Jeff Kent is a good example...both RCs I had were $2.50 value and he is expired from eligibility. Manny Ramirez deserves to get in with $4 RC value for three cards I have, so we will see.

But then by that logic, every hot s--t Bowman Chrome auto prospect that comes out of the gates at $150 would be a first ballot Hall of Famer before even playing a game.

Then again, most "prospectors" think they will anyway, so you might be on to something ...

(11-07-2023, 09:39 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: But then by that logic, every hot s--t Bowman Chrome auto prospect that comes out of the gates at $150 would be a first ballot Hall of Famer before even playing a game.

Then again, most "prospectors" think they will anyway, so you might be on to something ...
No, because they would still have to follow the years played and actual retirement rules to qualify.  Will CJ Abrams RC value be $5 or more in 12-15 years???

(11-07-2023, 08:05 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Here is a different view:  If a player's RC is less than $3 value there would be no reason to put that player in the HOF since value of a RC is based on performance and popularity.

Jeff Kent is a good example...both RCs I had were $2.50 value and he is expired from eligibility.  Manny Ramirez deserves to get in with $4 RC value for three cards I have, so we will see.
Are you not counting 1992 Fleer Update Jeff Kent as a RC?  I know it's an XRC but it's the same year as his Leaf and Pinnacle RCs.

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(11-07-2023, 09:48 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: No, because they would still have to follow the years played and actual retirement rules to qualify.  Will CJ Abrams RC value be $5 or more in 12-15 years???
At least $500 - if not $5,000

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooo

(11-07-2023, 11:52 AM)jack pfiester Wrote: Are you not counting 1992 Fleer Update Jeff Kent as a RC?  I know it's an XRC but it's the same year as his Leaf and Pinnacle RCs.
I mentioned RCs I actually owned (had).