`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cmon Beckett

Cmon Beckett
So many sets either not priced or even in the price guide. Some were released over 2 years ago. I'm not talking about obscure sets. Sets not priced include: 2020 Topps On Demand Rookie Progression, 2021 Topps Brooklyn Collection, 2021 Bowman Draft 1st Edition, 2021 Topps 3D, 2021 Topps All-Star Rookie Cup, 2022 Bowman Chrome Sapphire Draft, 2022 Bowman Chrome Sapphire, 2022 Topps Chrome Update Sapphire, 2022 Topps 1st Edition, 2022 Topps Brooklyn Collection, 2022 Topps Mini, 2022 Topps Now, 2023 Bowman Sapphire, 2023 Topps Now. 

When, if ever, will these be priced?

RE: Cmon Beckett
This thread was 23 years in the making

Beckett gonna Beckett

Many of these sets are on line only and have a large second market, which goes up and down a lot.  But. I have seen in recent years that on line product pricing is way behind..if ever priced.  I know when I go to get an on line product..it is gone..then shows up on second market with a large increase in price.  If they limited the buying to 2-3 boxes instead of 50-100..I might be able to get a box...usually I am late..like this year's X A&G..gone in a few hours..big guys big and sell with increase price.  I hope it is not a big con between producer and large shops..

Even specific players are not priced within sets that are orherwise priced. That one never makes sense.

Don't even get me started with 90's cards. I'm not sure they even look at them anymore. So many underpriced.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

Blame corporate greed. For the job that needs to be done, they are clearly way understaffed. They probably need 3 more full time employees for baseball alone.

I mean 2023 Bowman Draft is not even in the database and it was released 2 days ago. We are talking about easily one of the top 3 releases of the year and I can't even add my inventory.

I also get the niche/retail products not getting priced (Topps Now, On Demand, 3D, etc) but the sapphire stuff from 18 months ago, that's core stuff and I have been asking for it for quite a while. Send E-Mails to SZimmer@beckett.com and BFleischer@beckett.com asking for what you need.

I think we should have a thread where we can pick our top 5 older sets we want priced and send the results in.

You are right..understaffed for sure..I bowl in a senior league on Monday AM and the bowling alley has been taken over by Bowlero.  Since we do not use the snack bar extensively, they do not staff it..so 26 lanes = 1 desk employee..coffee and soda are hard gets.  The employee = manager is obviously overworked for the Monday shift.  But, no sales = no employee.  The corporation even shuts the alley down from 1 - 4 if there is not a league..so open bowling is hard to find as well..not enough $$ to have open I guess.  All about the $$ and not the people.  Add the point that Beckett is really a monopoly, they have no real incentive to please the customers..even with lip service.

The only one worse, IMHO, is Panini..they do not even bother to reply or respond.  I have redemptions that are hitting the 1 year mark..never to see the light of day.

Sorry..off my soap box now..

"Corporate greed" is subjective since the common person has no idea how much payroll, debt, or stolen merchandise a business endures annually, or how much profit is needed to reinvest into the business to keep up with the times, customer expectation, or tax laws.

But...if a business cannot follow through with fairly simple customer requests that are years past, then all comments, complaints, and anger are well justified!

I was on the road during Thanksgiving week and stopped at Burger King. I had to pay $12.50 for Whopper meal. Is that corporate greed? No, it is minimum wage tax laws tied with unskilled workers demanding more pay.

On the other hand, my homeowners insurance went up 27% in one year! No claims, no housing rise, no reason...other than corporate greed probably, since there were no major weather disasters in Minnesota during 2023.

(12-14-2023, 09:32 AM)anonymous_1639511866 Wrote: Blame corporate greed.  For the job that needs to be done, they are clearly way understaffed.  They probably need 3 more full time employees for baseball alone.

I mean 2023 Bowman Draft is not even in the database and it was released 2 days ago.  We are talking about easily one of the top 3 releases of the year and I can't even add my inventory.

I also get the niche/retail products not getting priced (Topps Now, On Demand, 3D, etc) but the sapphire stuff from 18 months ago, that's core stuff and I have been asking for it for quite a while.  Send E-Mails to SZimmer@beckett.com and BFleischer@beckett.com asking for what you need.

I think we should have a thread where we can pick our top 5 older sets we want priced and send the results in.
There have been multiple threads whining about the slow pricing.

Kidding, everyone, kidding - happy holidays.