`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subscription Renewed

Subscription Renewed
Beckett claims their 1-year subscription for single sport price guide is $288...which is then reduced to $130 using their current discount and 25% off sale.

Doing the math, that means a normal discounted subscription is $173.  But, what is that discount?  Why $115 off to start before Christmas sale?

Is this like furniture retail where they change regular prices of everything and then have a 50% sale, so nobody actually ever pays the full price?

RE: Subscription Renewed
That's like the "dealer markup" you now see on car lots - not even trying to hide it.

Yep saw that myself and thought the same thing.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

Beckett, indeed ... gonna Beckett

Are you renewing online or through one of Beckett's sales representatives?  The numbers you quoted look like the price posted online.  I have been renewing through a rep and usually get a slightly better deal.  I have some leverage because I am a "long-time subscriber," my current All-Access subscription is good through October 2026.  I can easily refuse to tack anything on that unless they offer me a better deal than I can get online.  The reps must be incentivized to make an immediate sale because they always return with something better when I turn down their first one or two offers.

(12-22-2023, 09:44 AM)jmhorn Wrote: Are you renewing online or through one of Beckett's sales representatives?  The numbers you quoted look like the price posted online.  I have been renewing through a rep and usually get a slightly better deal.  I have some leverage because I am a "long-time subscriber," my current All-Access subscription is good through October 2026.  I can easily refuse to tack anything on that unless they offer me a better deal than I can get online.  The reps must be incentivized to make an immediate sale because they always return with something better when I turn down their first one or two offers.
I used to get a phone call from Beckett 3-4 times a year about renewing only months after I already renewed.  So, I finally told them to never call me again and I will call them when i am ready.   

The last time I "bargained" for a subscription renewal the price I paid was the same as offered on the website.  I would be surprised if anybody can get a 12-month subscription for less than $129.99.  On the other hand, if you extend past the 12 months, they will make a deal to lock you in longer.

Beckett gonna Beckett