`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 HOF class

2024 HOF class
So far just over 100 public ballots have been revealed and while Adrian Beltre won't be unanimous he is a lock.  Joe Mauer is faring much better than expected, and Gary Sheffield seems to be getting the 10th year push.

Does anybody collect cards of new HOFers or have any players they are looking forward to getting inducted?

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resi...OUsbz4WHyU
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

RE: 2024 HOF class
As a Tigers fan I’m happy for Jim Leyland.

Those Verlander-Miggy-Fielder teams were fun to watch.

I'll be curious to see if Todd Helton gets over the hump from last year.  I think he had around 72% of the vote at that time and he is up around 82% now.  Still many votes to come in though.

My intention is to get a RC of each modern HoF, though I haven't started on that yet aside from a '92 Fleer Update Mike Piazza I picked up a couple of years ago.  Doesn't have to necessarily be the card labeled as RC either.  Assuming Beltre makes it, I'd like to get his '97 Bowman Chrome Refractor card.

I'm pushing for Beltre and Helton. There was a time when I collected Mauer and Andruw Jones but stopped when I thought they would fall just short of the Hall. I still have most of their cards. Obviously Manny and ARod have HOF worthy careers but obviously won't get in due to being blacklisted for their shadiness and disreputable ways. I think that, like Mauer and Andruw, Wagner, Sheffield and Vizquel are worthy of consideration but not necessarily enshrinement.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

My feeling is that Mauer will squeak in on first ballot, Beltre is an easy lock, and Helton might also sneak in. I dont buy the "Coors Field" penalty.

If "likeability" matters, Mauer is a shoe-in.

(01-02-2024, 11:59 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: As a Tigers fan I’m happy for Jim Leyland.

Those Verlander-Miggy-Fielder teams were fun to watch.
Leyland seemed like a lock.  I was surprised he wasn't unanimous.  One person didn't vote for him, idiot!

It was frustrating to see Piniella miss by one vote AGAIN!

Based on voting results so far, the writers could elect 4-5 players which would be awesome.  I'm all for big classes!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(01-03-2024, 04:26 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: If "likeability" matters, Mauer is a shoe-in.
Always liked that guy, I hope he gets in.

I'm rooting for Mauer, but I'm a Twins guy. He was one of the best catchers.

I've been grabbing SGC rookies of HOF that played during my lifetime (so those that debuted in '79 or later). I've got a few so far, including a '93 Topps Trade Helton that's on the way. I'll start grabbing Mauer, Sheffield, and Wagner, too. Sheff may not make it, but I always liked him as a player.

The public ballots and those that submit early are generally the "big hall" guys. The ones that come in later tend to be the small hall guys.

If I were guessing about the current top-5:

- Beltre: in
- Helton: in (barely)
- Mauer: out (barely and on track for '25)
- Wagner: out (barely and on track for '25)
- Sheffield: out (on to the veterans committees)

http://www.bbhoftracker.com/
Kepler