`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCANS! Best Walmart Pull Ever - PRIZM TIN BANGER!!!

SCANS! Best Walmart Pull Ever - PRIZM TIN BANGER!!!
Gem Fire Case Breaker Bros,

Went to get a haircut on this drizzly overcast morning.

The barber shop happens to be next to a Walmart.

Grabbed one mega box of the new Donruss basketball - solid, not spectacular - as well as one of the new “Prizm Edition” football tins.

I selected a Josh Allen tin because, well, I already had a Mahomes tin and a Brady tin, and Josh was the next most appealing player.

[Image: JoshTin.jpg]

The tin had a grand total of four 2023 Prizm regular packs, 4 cards per pack.

Not great odds of pulling something great.

But, as we know in this hobby, all it takes is one.

Opened the first three packs, best card was a George Kittle Fireworks green Prizm, decent for a 49ers PC pull.

In the fourth pack, I noticed the third card had a black and white checkerboard border.

Had not pulled one of those in 6-7 megas, 4-5 blasters, 9-10 fat packs or my one hanger pack over the last couple months.

Cool, I thought, hopefully it’s someone decent.

Yeah, you could say that …

CJ STROUD!!!

[Image: Stroud-Checker.jpg]

When I got home I looked at “comps” - hate that word - and assumed it was one of the $200-ish parallels.

Nope … holy crap ... try $1,000+

This goes down as my best Walmart pull ever and my third best retail pull of all time.

Bang on, bros.

Let’s goooooooooooooooooooo

RE: Best Walmart Pull Ever - PRIZM TIN BANGER!!!
Very nice RJ. I still haven't seen blasters or megas of Prizm. Though probably wouldn't buy them if I did.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

I have relatively good luck with the tins, pulled the LeBron “Kobe tribute” Prizm card in my last basketball tin a couple of weeks back as well as a green cracked ice (?) Prizm Break insert of Anthony Richardson in my Brady tin.

This was just stupid lucky today, my third 1K retail pull in the last 13 years. There were probably 7 or 8 other tins and my only criteria for picking the one I did was the player on the front of the tin, LOL.

Plus the tins themselves are pretty cool now that they have regular pictures and not the fatheads that they were originally using.

I actually saw Prizm blasters today at Walmart. But as promised, I didn't buy them. Also stayed away from all versions of Absolute. Shelves were pretty stocked. Guessing the Prizm was still there because the DBN is tired of shelling out the bucks for the seemingly endless supply. The only thing I still haven't seen is Donruss Blasters and Megas. Guess everyone is still Downtown hunting. What I did buy was a Mega of Donruss basketball. Haven't really bought any basketball/baseball once I started finding football again. But wanted to open something. Donruss Mega's look to be a good value for the price. Will soon find out.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

Let me know what you get in the mega … I may actually do the set, I think I have most of them but I know I’m missing a few rookies.

(02-17-2024, 09:12 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Let me know what you get in the mega … I may actually do the set, I think I have most of them but I know I’m missing a few rookies.
It is all in my ORG.  Not sure if you can see it.  If not lmk which rookies you need.  To no surprise I did get duplicates.  Best card is the Holo Green Lazer Amen Thompson along with a couple of LJ inserts.  Got an auto of Ricky Council (never heard of him, but I don't pay much attention to basketball anymore).

RE: SCANS! Best Walmart Pull Ever - PRIZM TIN BANGER!!!
Tried two more megas of Donruss basketball and got exactly four RCs I didn't have yet.

I'll definitely be checking that ORG, LOL

Did get two more Wembys though - now have four in five megas.

The Stroud is not for sale or trade at this time, BTW

Thanks!

RJ

PM sent.

Ladies and gentlemen, based on new information I have received, turns out this is the most valuable card I have ever pulled in 36 years of collecting.

Unreal.