`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$6.29 box of poop

$6.29 box of poop
Wanted to try one of the $6.29 boxes from Walgreens.  What a waste.  Should have just gone to Target/Walmart and gotten a VP of Score.  At least 2 of those inserts would have been worth more than what I got out of that box.

Singles:
1991 Pro Set Stan Thomas
1991 Score Rod Bernstine
1992 Topps Tommy Barnhardt
1993 Wild Card Shannon Sharpe
2000 Dominion Troy Vincent
2023 Sage Hit, 4 cards, nobody I have heard of

Packs:
1990 Score (are they ever going to run out of 1990/1991 Pro Set and Score)
2022 Sage Artistry

Seems like they could at least fill the box with singles.  Probably going to just dump them all (except the 2022 Artistry) into the "To Be Discarded" Box.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: $6.29 box of poop
Are those the Sage Artistry packs that have a shot of exclusive autographs and can have exclusive green parallel canvas - if you get an autograph or the right player in the canvas parallel that's at least something decent - I got the Jordan Davis green canvas parallel which made me quite happy since he's an Eagle so it's a bit of a color match

I at least would have liked the Troy Vincent card.

I once bought and opened an entire box of 1990 Topps for $5 - was cheap fun.

Less cheap fun was opening an entire box of Upper Deck Comicball - not that the cards which combine Looney Tunes characters and some star football players aren't fun but because I ended up 1 card short of a full base set. Not cool, Upper Deck, not cool.

It's funny, the DBN morons on SportsCard Nonsense have discovered these in the last few weeks, like I haven't been talking about them for years.

I have set aside all of the Tampa Bay Creamsicle cards as well as all the old Oilers and Redskins cards because I collect defunct teams/uniforms.

The one Redskin I have never pulled and am still chasing is Dexter Manley.

Plenty of Rypien, Monk, Green, Mann, etc., but not one single Manley.

Oh well, the chase continues.

(04-01-2024, 08:49 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Are those the Sage Artistry packs that have a shot of exclusive autographs and can have exclusive green parallel canvas - if you get an autograph or the right player in the canvas parallel that's at least something decent - I got the Jordan Davis green canvas parallel  which made me quite happy since he's an Eagle so it's a bit of a color match

Less cheap fun was opening an entire box of Upper Deck Comicball - not that the cards which combine Looney Tunes characters and some star football players aren't fun but because I ended up 1 card short of a full base set.  Not cool, Upper Deck, not cool.
Pretty sure the pack is from the blaster.  Base and silver cards.  If I remember correctly, the canvas card and autos were packaged separately.

I opened Comic Ball.  Got the complete set.  I could have probably helped you out (25 years ago lol) but donated all the extra minus the holograms back in 2000.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

I got one yesterday and pulled a nice Topps All-Pro vintage card of Jets tackle Marvin Powell for my USC PC.

Also got a base Topps RC of Darren McFadden for my Raiders PC.

These things always give me something I’m happy with, especially for the price.