`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New trend..no teams assigned to products??!!??

New trend..no teams assigned to products??!!??
I mentioned that Big League has no teams assigned to the OPG.  Same with some other sets, Like 2023 Topps Black and White ( not priced either..too small as set and not main stream I was told)..so I emailed Brian and Sam about the issue and they responded as below:

""""To: Sam Zimmer ; Brian Fleischer
Subject: 2024 Topps Big League Baseball

There are no teams assigned..is this the new norm..or an oversight or Topps not provide?

Thanks"""

They said:

""'"99% sure that this was how Topps provided the checklist, unfortunately.

@Sam Zimmer - I think you prepped and imported this one...can you please confirm?

Brian Fleischer
Manager – Data Publishing"""

I think that means..no teams..sorry Charlie..(old AD reference)

RE: New trend..no teams assigned to products??!!??
Beckett gonna Beckett

Well, I was right.  Topps did not provide Beckett with team info on Big League set.

Here is the reply to above email

""This is correct, Topps did not provide the team names.

Sam Zimmer
Senior Market Analyst –Baseball"""

So, team collectors, it is your job now to search for team cards with this set.  I usually search for the Giants cards in a set and add to ORG as WANTS or HAVES.  Made it easy to make my want list..not with this set this year.

This has happened to some products with prospects.  I usually miss a Giant or 2 when I search for players that are in a Giants uni.  i usually miss a card or 2, especially with sets that has odd cards or combo players.

If this is the way of the future, then having the OPG to help with ORG is less functional and therefore, less need to pay for the service.

Maybe it is just an oversight by Topps..because 2024 Topps Archives Signature Series and 2024 Topps Tribute
Has been released, but no cards are listed in OPG.  If they have teams associated set, then it was an oversight.  We shall see.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I searched for Giants players in Big League and came across our new addition, Matt Chapman.  Since I collect players ONLY in a Giants uni, this card is a Blue Jay..so will not be in my collection. Had to search ebay to determine that, although I was sure he was not in Giants uni.  Just saying...unneeded extra work to find cards.

I opened a blaster of Big League yesterday and it was one of the top 5 worst ones I have opened in probably two or three years.

Razor thin crappy card stock and several chipped corners.

The best card I pulled was a Jasson Dominguez Rookie Logo Card (RC) and it had noticebale white chipping n the lower right corner.

Truly a booty product, will not be wasting any more money on it.

I just went to add the Meijer Purple Giants cards and guess what??!??!  There are no team assigned!!  Great..what a pain for team collectors.

Almost as if we aren't getting what we pay for.

2024 Tribute is in OPG now and it has TEAMS!!  So glad that it is not a trend, just a blip..
Maybe Beckett only posts what is given to them.

Not sure they are all right but TCDB has Big League by team. Maybe they went through and added manually. Only have to do the base cards and copy to all parallels. Really not too hard. Beckett should be willing to do that but I'm sure they won't.

(04-03-2024, 09:43 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I opened a blaster of Big League yesterday and it was one of the top 5 worst ones I have opened in probably two or three years.

Razor thin crappy card stock and several chipped corners.

The best card I pulled was a Jasson Dominguez Rookie Logo Card (RC) and it had noticebale white chipping n the lower right corner.

Truly a booty product, will not be wasting any more money on it.
Update - some DBN loser tried to hide the last two fat packs of 2024 Big League at Target today.

I found them, bought them and pulled the Shohei To the Moon insert.

Nice looking card and relatively tough pull with 48 cards in the set.

Now I'm definitely done, LOL