`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the differnece

What's the differnece
Looking for someone to please Enliten me. What is the difference between 2022 Topps Chrome and 2022 Topps Chrome Sonic.  Thanks to anyone that can answer the question......
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

RE: What's the differnece
Sonic has wavy lines in background...like a sonic boom to soundwaves.

Thanks for the quick answer. But I don’t get what Topps was thinking. Were the sonic waves going to attract more collectors……
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

(04-06-2024, 02:49 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Sonic has wavy lines in background...like a sonic boom to soundwaves.
Lmfao

They can be hard to tell apart from reg Chrome..BUT..the code on the back is "Sonic cards end with #439"

I think he was trying to find out why topps would produce 2 sets that are exactly the same and slightly change
the looks only. Anything to make more money. Suckers like us just fall for the Bait lol. I did. I bought 2 boxes.

I think the Sonic versions also have the Topps logo on the opposite side of the card on the front.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

They're only sold in Seattle???

(Ducks flying objects, shows myself out)

(04-07-2024, 08:52 AM)zeprock Wrote: I think the Sonic versions also have the Topps logo on the opposite side of the card on the front.
Was thinking the same thing. I think on regular Chrome and parallels it's on the right, and for Sonic Chrome base and (shared parallels) it's on the left. The sonic-specific parallels stand out like a sore thumb.
Kepler

(04-06-2024, 02:53 PM)corbin21 Wrote: Thanks for the quick answer. But I don’t get what Topps was thinking. Were the sonic waves going to attract more collectors……
What Topps is thinking is "another set for the suckers to buy with no additional design costs"