`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mystery of Red and Green Arrows

Mystery of Red and Green Arrows
I welcome corrections of this post as I am feeding off of my memory over the past 12 months...

There are 13-20 non-pitcher players that take the field and bat for all 30 teams, which totals 400 to 600 players over the course of a season.

Yet, here is what I have seen with Beckett red and green arrows over the past 12 months:

Up and then down:
1. Bryson Stott
2. Corbin Carroll
3. Royce Lewis
4. Joe Mauer
5. Shohei Ohtani

Down and then up:
1. Juan Soto
2. Bobby Witt Jr
3. Corey Seager
4. Colton Cowser

UP:
1. Elly De La Cruz

Down:
1. Wander Franco

So, 11 out of hundreds of players changed value.  There are probably a few more that are less noticeable value changes, but does this make sense to anybody?

Like I said, maybe I missed some others, but even 25 players changing value is odd when so many are on the field day after day.

RE: Mystery of Red and Green Arrows
2024 Topps base set stats (today):

Total cards = 350
No arrows (no price change) = 293
Down Arrow = 30
Up Arrow = 27

Yeah, mostly RCs, right?

(05-04-2024, 05:03 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Yeah, mostly RCs, right?
23 of the 57 changes are either RC or (RC).

Beckett gonna Beckett

47 of my 60 Ohtani cards are red arrows! None are green. What did this guy ever do to drop like this? Overall value has fallen around 40%!

Might be that he changed teams, I know I lose interest in mine when they go to a new team.

Because he’s off to a Triple Crown start with the Dodgers, so it can’t be on field production.

And the gambling thing pretty much went away, so who knows.

Good points.  My thoughts, too.  I'm a collector/fan not an investor.  So? A great time to buy some Ohtani?!

(05-12-2024, 08:56 AM)robyoung0516 Wrote: Good points.  My thoughts, too.  I'm a collector/fan not an investor.  So? A great time to buy some Ohtani?!
Exactly!  I have picked up some nice Juan Soto, Cody Bellinger, and Royce Lewis cards during their RED arrow days.

(05-10-2024, 09:36 AM)robyoung0516 Wrote: 47 of my 60 Ohtani cards are red arrows! None are green.  What did this guy ever do to drop like this? Overall value has fallen around 40%!
Market correction. After last season, everything shot up, and kept going up after he signed with the Dodgers. Eventually, the demand slows and the market corrects. RCs will maintain, Dodgers stuff will spike as it comes out before settling in, non-RC Angels stuff will lower back down.
Kepler