`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Official Panini is Definitely Trolling Football Card Collectors Now

RE: It's Official Panini is Definitely Trolling Football Card Collectors Now
After opening three Megas of Prestige it makes me sad to say it's such a bad value

Maybe Panini's best looking mainstream base cards ever but the value now is horrible

Even getting a decent p.c. vet auto /99 and a Stroud case hit plus a platinum /10 and pink /25 I didn't feel like I got my money's worth from it.

And since they have parallel as high as 599 and another 499, 399, and 299 and a 400 card set the lack of autos in every box is fatal. Three parallels per box is cool when they're all /100 or less like in 2019 - of course 2019 also two autos (I opened several and never got points) and cost $39.99. This is $44.95 and might deliver 1 card /99 or less - and half of the boxes have zero autographs - thanks DBN, you ruined the one good value product I always felt like i got my monry's worth and was happy with that Panini had

And yes it's absolutely printed to the moon - you can get the megas easily because they now are very poor value

The base set is amazing, but building it is cost prohibitive

Speaking of DBN, I found this hilarious Facebook post last night where a bunch of people were complaining that the retail boxes were now overproduced and too costly to bother with.

They were actually complaining that they weren't good value to buy and resell anymore.

DBN always gonna DBN

Never met a more clueless, less self aware segment of society, ever, in any setting.

RJ's post about flipping made me do a quick search. Here is an article on the rise and fall of flipping.

https://cardlines.com/flipping-sports-ca...ail-boxes/
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(11-21-2023, 08:44 PM)dogger99 Wrote: RJ's post about flipping made me do a quick search.  Here is an article on the rise and fall of flipping.

https://cardlines.com/flipping-sports-ca...ail-boxes/
I wish all of the DBN would take a very long drive off a very tall cliff

(11-22-2023, 10:46 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I wish all of the DBN would take a very long drive off a very tall cliff
Like the values of all of the graded Zach Wilson gem fire bangers those bros hoarded?

(11-22-2023, 11:57 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Like the values of all of the graded Zach Wilson gem fire bangers those bros hoarded?
Let's Goooooooooooooooo ... over the cliff

(11-22-2023, 12:41 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Let's Goooooooooooooooo ... over the cliff
I suspect that the DBN don't actually watch football

Facts

Especially the way they pronounce some of the names during online breaks

Even sadder is when you see misspellings on the DBay listings

Dude ... the name is spelled out, on the card itself

(11-27-2023, 01:03 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Facts

Especially the way they pronounce some of the names during online breaks

Even sadder is when you see misspellings on the DBay listings

Dude ... the name is spelled out, on the card itself
Hey, just because they are listing a card of San Franscisco 49ers Quarterback Brock Pretty doesn't mean they are completely unfamiliar with football and pay no attention to the cards 

I notice that Panini still has Chronicles Draft Pick blasters on their website at $25.50 - 51 cents more than they are available at every Target around here!  Seriously, the DBN leaving them (especially since getting 3 hangers for the same price is a better deal since it gets you more cards and the hangers have been pretty good with getting autos this year

(12-05-2023, 03:49 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Hey, just because they are listing a card of San Franscisco 49ers Quarterback Brock Pretty doesn't mean they are completely unfamiliar with football and pay no attention to the cards 

I notice that Panini still has Chronicles Draft Pick blasters on their website at $25.50 - 51 cents more than they are available at every Target around here!  Seriously, the DBN leaving them (especially since getting 3 hangers for the same price is a better deal since it gets you more cards and the hangers have been pretty good with getting autos this year
Yep, the fat packs are the best deal by far.