`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning

This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning
Just to start off, this is not directed to all card show dealers just the ones from this morning...

This morning I went to the local card show looking to trade, I brought some of my better cards with me....The Baugh, Brady, Cam and Drew Brees autos and some others too. I found several cards I like from a guy and tried to deal with him but we couldnt come to a understanding, which was fine. out of nowhere his "buddy" comes up and grabs my cards from me without asking. He says "$200 for the whole box", I replied "what", he says "yea, some OK stuff in here but IDK if I could even make anything off that". I replied "was I dealing with you? No so just back off",and I took my box back. while I was getting ready to leave he says "$225 to make you feel better".

Where did the guy come of feeling that he had the right to just grab my box of cards and make a offer out of the blue? And on top of that say my cards are"OK"?

That really upset me today.

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

RE: This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning
I dont like it when people touch my shiznit either...i woulda clocked him lol

Just some card vulture looking to make a quick profit. Glad you shot him down!!

That's cause you only have crap....:p
Jk......ill take em all......Smile
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

I expected someone would low-ball me today at the show and im fine with that, but when you just grab someones prized cards that you dont know and have never seen before....thats just wrong

Thats just rude.
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have been as nice about it. Stupid people piss me off.
Will ship first to proven Traders as I build my trade rep.
[Image: IMG_0002-2-1.jpg]
Will trade in your favor for this rainbow. Need: Purple/555,Red/25,ref,x-frac,superfractor, and plates

That's card shows in General. Dealers wanting to give as little as possible. Then the Vultures who hang around for the pickings. I stopped going after I went to my fifth show (held once a month) in a row and kept hearing from the same dang sellers "I HAVE A TON OF YOUR GUY.......AT HOME!!"
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(06-23-2012, 11:29 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: That's card shows in General. Dealers wanting to give as little as possible. Then the Vultures who hang around for the pickings. I stopped going after I went to my fifth show (held once a month) in a row and kept hearing from the same dang sellers "I HAVE A TON OF YOUR GUY.......AT HOME!!"
Some guys are ok and will give you a fair deal...mainly at the larger chain shows from what I've seen

(06-23-2012, 11:32 AM)p18mann Wrote: Some guys are ok and will give you a fair deal...mainly at the larger chain shows from what I've seen
This is true they have a Houston show that comes down once every 3 months. That show has decent prices and better stuff. The Local monthly show is just the same deadbeat sellers with the same cards over and over.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37