Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NASCAR Trivia Thread

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread
Okay, I KNOW Jimmie did it in 2006!
I want to say Stewart but I know he has never won the D500. Gordon has won both races many times but apparently not in the same year. I know Dale Jarrett has won both races a couple of times.
I'll say Jarrett did it, probably in 1996. I don't think he won Indy in 2000 (his other D500 win after the Indy race started).
Knowing you, I will guess that the final answer is JMac a few years ago. I know he won the D500 either before or after Bayne won in 2011. I think he won at Indy that same year. I wanna say it was before Bayne, so 2010.

And that would be all 3, my friend. If you got that all from memory, I'm VERY impressed! You're up!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(01-08-2015, 11:31 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: And that would be all 3, my friend. If you got that all from memory, I'm VERY impressed! You're up!
It's not entirely from memory. I collect two of the three drivers! JJ was totally from memory. I thought about Jarrett and looked at some of my cards b/c I just had a feeling that he won both in the same year. I didn't find anything mentioning WHAT year he won Indy, but just went with 96. I remembered Jamie winning both races but didn't remember that they happened in the same year.

I don't have a question right now, but I'll come up with one and post it by tomorrow evening.

What year did the NASCAR Truck Series start? Bonus: Name the track and date of the 1st race.

I've been hoping someone else would jump back in, Adam. If no one does by tomorrow, I'll give it a go.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(01-13-2015, 10:23 AM)Mikarlo Wrote: I've been hoping someone else would jump back in, Adam. If no one does by tomorrow, I'll give it a go.
Yea, everyone's been pretty much absent lately.

Well, if I were to had post my guess on the year...I would have been one year off. My guess was 1996, but since I didn't know what the track was, I cheated a little and found out the actual date was February 5, 1995 at Phoenix.

You got it Jason. What question do you have to post?

Who was the youngest driver to win the Championship in NASCAR's top series and in what year did he do so? (This may be too easy for NASCAR buffs)

C'mon, Jason. I thought you knew me better than that! Big Grin
I know the answer but will not answer it, UNLESS no one else tries to answer in the next few days. Somebody else needs a chance. I just hope someone will actually log on and answer it. I have a good question lined up for the next time I get to ask one, but I don't want to burn it up if no one is reading these at this time. Wink