Beckett Message Boards
You Can't Tell Me This is an Accident - CADE GREEN PRIZM!!! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: You Can't Tell Me This is an Accident - CADE GREEN PRIZM!!! (/thread-1624408.html)

You Can't Tell Me This is an Accident - CADE GREEN PRIZM!!! - rjcj2017 - 04-08-2024

Basketball Banger Bros,

So most of the time I like to joke around on this site, unless I'm reaming some DBN loser for being a Cheeto fingernailed basement dweller pack searching piece of crap.

But today - not so much. A little bit of a heavy heart.

My dad passed away yesterday in Michigan ... he had been on a steady decline for the past five years and had spent most of his time in the hospital the last few months.

I'm OK - we had a good relationship despite the fact that I have lived out here in California for the last 40+ years.

Anyway, so after dropping my daughter off at school this morning, I stopped by Walgreen's to pick up some more discounted packs.

Chose two more 2021-22 Panini Prizm jumbos for the low low price of $11.99 each.

Pulled this one in the first pack ...

[Image: Cade-Green.jpg]

Back when this product first came out I must have busted a hundred blasters of all different brands trying to pull any kind of jersey, auto or parallel of him for my Pistons PC.

That includes at least a dozen Prizm blasters at $35 apiece ... not one base or insert card whatsoever..

Then, today, I pull this.

I don't think it's an accident.

Let's Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

RE: You Can't Tell Me This is an Accident - CADE GREEN PRIZM!!! - akaus - 04-08-2024

RJ,
Sorry to hear about your dad. It's nice he is supporting your pack buying in Heaven. Congrats on the nice pull!

RE: You Can't Tell Me This is an Accident - CADE GREEN PRIZM!!! - rjcj2017 - 04-08-2024

Thanks very much - it reminded me of the time I bought a 2011 Bowman Chrome blaster in November 2011 on my grandma's birthday (she had passed earlier that year) and pulled the auto refractor/500 of Bryce Harper.

I joined Beckett that day to show it off, LOL

RE: You Can't Tell Me This is an Accident - CADE GREEN PRIZM!!! - akaus - 04-08-2024

It's weird how things like this work. I can't explain it, but I had my best game in high school basketball after my grandpa passed away. It's strange in a way, but it is awesome none the less.

RE: You Can't Tell Me This is an Accident - CADE GREEN PRIZM!!! - rjcj2017 - 04-08-2024

It's the cosmos.

There is no other explanation for the Cade or the Harper.

RE: You Can't Tell Me This is an Accident - CADE GREEN PRIZM!!! - kct1 - 04-09-2024

Congrats on the pull!!

RE: You Can't Tell Me This is an Accident - CADE GREEN PRIZM!!! - rjcj2017 - 04-09-2024

Thank you, I was stoked and it was bittersweet at the same time.

RE: You Can't Tell Me This is an Accident - CADE GREEN PRIZM!!! - hempick - 04-12-2024

Beautiful card.

My condolences regarding your loss.

RE: You Can't Tell Me This is an Accident - CADE GREEN PRIZM!!! - rjcj2017 - 04-12-2024

Thanks my man.

There were actually like 5 of those packs left and I had this feeling that no matter which ones I picked, he was going to be in there.