`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6

RE: case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6
(07-02-2014, 03:09 PM)dfcj1499 Wrote: Thanks for posting your breaks. I really enjoy looking at your hits : )
Thank you for looking, my friend!

In retrospect, I'm not sure I would do a case again. I really didn't get as much value as I'd have hoped. My biggest hits were way under the value I would have expected and hoped. My money was better off buying up single hits of Yankees that I wanted. I did really well with series 1 with just a couple of boxes, thought by tripling my purchase I'd increase my odds of another great hit.
The Griffey gold frame, the Freeman /10 auto and the Rafael Palmiero /25 were great cards, not disappointed at all, just nothing that was spectacular. .... And I have more base cards than I can ever bother to organize.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6
I would really like the Cabrera SABRmetrics! Please let me know on it!

(07-07-2014, 09:58 PM)Baseballkid1999 Wrote: I would really like the Cabrera SABRmetrics! Please let me know on it!
Do you have any Yankee Sabrmetrics cards to trade?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I just read through this entire thread and really enjoyed it. I love how you broke each box down and managed to only open one a day! I love the Freeman's and the Votto patch is a beauty! It was fun living vicariously through you since I will likely never be able to get a case.

(07-11-2014, 03:13 PM)Christiem Wrote: I just read through this entire thread and really enjoyed it. I love how you broke each box down and managed to only open one a day! I love the Freeman's and the Votto patch is a beauty! It was fun living vicariously through you since I will likely never be able to get a case.
Thanks!
Glad you had fun and enjoyed the break! Appreciate the feedback, too!
The case was fun, the anticipation was great, and controlling myself to 1 box/day was the biggest test. Would I do it again? Not sure. I think I'll limit myself to 2 boxes and save the rest of the money to buy single cards! I thought the Freeman auto/relic card, the Votto patch, and the Griffey gold frame were great. Personally I was very happy pulling that Tanaka SP, too.

If you ever get the chance, busting a case is the thing to do at least once. Sometimes you can pick up a case on a Xmas sale at a huge discount from many of the online stores. Save up some bucks, cause that's the time they want to turn over older stuff.