`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023 Off Season the Draft and More

RE: 2023 Off Season the Draft and More
(02-22-2023, 11:17 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: The one case where you are praying you get drafted by the Jets!
What always cracks me up is the lack of self awareness of these franchises.

Example - Derek Carr being dumped by the Raiders.

It's entirely plausible he could pull a Matthew Stafford and go to a team just missing a quarterback and take them deep into the playoffs.

Then the Raiders are going to draft some kid (Stroud, Levi, etc.) and what ... expect him to be better than Derek Carr from Day 1?

Teams and front offices are always looking for scapegoats like Carr.

You could do waaaaay worse than Derek Carr at QB.

I'm interested to see what he could do with a team with some pieces like the Jets, speaking of.

Carr to the Jets would be very interesting.

I think the Raiders really thought they were going to get Tom Brady or that they are going to be able to trade for Aaron Rogers (I admit the idea of Aaron Rogers going to Las Vegas is intriguing from a sheer chaos and entertainment standpoint). They can't be expecting to draft a player and compete in the same division with Mahomes and Herbert can they?

I saw that the Titans released your former USC guy Robert Woods - might be of some interest to the Lions if they can make a low risk contract since Woods put up some good numbers with Jared Goff in Los Angeles

(02-22-2023, 02:14 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Carr to the Jets would be very interesting.

I think the Raiders really thought they were going to get Tom Brady or that they are going to be able to trade for Aaron Rogers (I admit the idea of Aaron Rogers going to Las Vegas is intriguing from a sheer chaos and entertainment standpoint).  They can't be expecting to draft a player and compete in the same division with Mahomes and Herbert can they?

I saw that the Titans released your former USC guy Robert Woods - might be of some interest to the Lions if they can make a low risk contract since Woods put up some good numbers with Jared Goff in Los Angeles
I was thinking that as well.

Carson Wentz has been cut by the Washington Commanders!

I wonder if some other team is going to pick him up or if his next stop if the USFL or XFL. Or maybe just retire and count his money, he should have plenty of it.

Wentz may well be the best example of the NFL being "Not For Long" - playing at an MVP level and looking like a future star Quarterback then completely fell apart after just one injury. Thankfully I didn't buy any Wentz cards at the peak of their market.

Derek Carr to Carolina????? Could be a smart move in hopes of getting Matt Corall ready to be the face of the franchise??
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(02-28-2023, 08:59 AM)Speak917 Wrote: Derek Carr to Carolina?????  Could be a smart move in hopes of getting Matt Corall ready to be the face of the franchise??
Not quite. There will be a meeting at the least. As for Corral, he has fallen into irrelevancy in Charlotte and probably won't play a regular season snap for the Panthers, if I had to guess.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(02-28-2023, 04:49 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Not quite. There will be a meeting at the least. As for Corral, he has fallen into irrelevancy in Charlotte and probably won't play a regular season snap for the Panthers, if I had to guess.
I'd agree with that Corral definitely has potential but with a new coaching staff in town there's no guarantee he's the type of QB Reich would want to develop.

For Carr, I kinda doubt Reich has any interest in trying the retread quarterback carousel yet again after dealing with that for years in Indy. I think the Panthers try for a 1st round QB, if I had to put money on it.

Wentz might be on his way out of the NFL, at least as a starter.

Mariota, too, though both of those guys would be high end backups if they were willing to play for backup money.

(02-28-2023, 08:59 AM)Speak917 Wrote: Derek Carr to Carolina?????  Could be a smart move in hopes of getting Matt Corall ready to be the face of the franchise??
I'm expecting Carolina to draft one of the quarterbacks (I've seen Wil Levis and Anthony Richardson linked to them) to be the quarterback of their future.

They might get a short term bridge quarterback

(03-01-2023, 03:53 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Wentz might be on his way out of the NFL, at least as a starter.

Mariota, too, though both of those guys would be high end backups if they were willing to play for backup money.
Neither of those guys (well, at least Wentz) likely needs the money that being a back up would bring - Wentz definitely could just take his money and go back to North Dakota or whatever and sit back doing some sports talk or writing or appearing in ads around Fargo.  And honestly, that might well be the best course of action up there - maybe show up in Philadelphia once the Eagles fans decide to stop booing for what he didn't do and start cheering for what he did - sure, he never came back after the injuries, but even the most clueless Eagles fan will eventually realize that he put up his body on the line (and unfortunately lost his knee) to help win the Eagles a Super Bowl.  He threw a touchdown pass with an actual torn ACL against the Rams - how can you question his toughness?  Once time passes and people start to understand that, he'll always be welcome in Philadelphia - and they've never stopped loving him in North Dakota.

Really, for Wentz, that's what I'd like to see for him - go back to Fargo and live the good life - sometimes fly out to Philadelphia to bask in the love of Eagles fans who understand what he did for them and as more time passes they will just see the good times and yes, many will wonder what could have been, but what was in 2017 was pure magic - he deserves it.