`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023 Off Season the Draft and More

RE: 2023 Off Season the Draft and More
The benefit of a guy like Wentz signing as a backup is that he obviously wouldn't be expected to play, but could actually give his body time to heal and potentially become very valuable in spot starts, a la Foles (ironically).

(03-02-2023, 12:53 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The benefit of a guy like Wentz signing as a backup is that he obviously wouldn't be expected to play, but could actually give his body time to heal and potentially become very valuable in spot starts, a la Foles (ironically).
Foles is weird because he's always been such a streaky player - when he's on, he's really on.  When he's off, he's really off.  There is no in between with Foles.

I still say he or a Wentz/Mariota/Minshew type would be much better than blowing either the #6 or #18 pick in the draft on a project QB, like some of the more dim-witted Lions fans are pushing for.

Not being able to stop Seattle on a single drive in the regular season is why they got the last playoff spot and we didn’t.

Meaning … defense, defense, defense.

Carr to the Saints.....hoping Olave makes him shine Wink
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

I'm eager to see how he does - he definitely wasn't the problem with the Raiders.

(03-06-2023, 01:15 PM)Speak917 Wrote: Carr to the Saints.....hoping Olave makes him shine Wink
Hoping they both fail. #keeppounding
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

The A-A-Ron to the Jets chatter is heating up.

(03-09-2023, 01:45 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The A-A-Ron to the Jets chatter is heating up.
He is rapidly becoming a sexual harassment scandal and involvement in a political corruption scandal away from becoming Brett Favre 2.0

(03-10-2023, 10:45 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: He is rapidly becoming a sexual harassment scandal and involvement in a political corruption scandal away from becoming Brett Favre 2.0
Jets fans were cracking me up the other day on the blogs, they were like, "why would we want a 39-year-old QB and all the drama that comes with him?"

So I helpfully pointed out they did the exact same thing with Favre, so why stop now?

Mostly I'm just trying to get him out of the division.

I can't think of another franchise, except maybe the Lions or Bears (sorry JP) that has swung and missed on so many QBs for decades.

Other than the Namath Super Bowl and maybe a couple of decent years from O'Brien, Testaverde and Pennington pre-injury, that position on that team has been a depressing abyss of mediocrity.

Guys like Browning Nagle (!), Mark Sanchez, Christian Hackenburg, Geno Smith, Sam Darnold, Zach Wilson ... on and on and on.

If I'm someone like Stroud, Young, Levis or Richardson, do I really want to go there?

(03-10-2023, 03:39 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I can't think of another franchise, except maybe the Lions or Bears (sorry JP) that has swung and missed on so many QBs for decades.
No no, it's well earned. Plus don't forget the Browns ineptitude.