`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LOLeaf

RE: LOLeaf
Worthy just set a new record for fastest 40 in the combine - that probably lowers the chance that he'll make to the Eagles second round pick. But it increases the chance that he becomes a first round draft pick

Leaf seems to have really gone hill since Brian Gray sold the company - I know he was kind of a controversial (to put it mildly) figure in the world of cards but I don't think you could question that Gray cared about collectors and customer service. Since the sale, the online offerings from Leaf has gone downhill and the shipping isn't as good anymore - no longer are they shipping stuff in one touch with Leaf stickers in bubble envelops.

I like their hustle with things like the DeVito autographs ... still no other pro cards last time I looked.

(03-06-2024, 03:57 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I like their hustle with things like the DeVito autographs ... still no other pro cards last time I looked.
I believe that came out when Brian Grey was still in charge - although since it shipped out after the sale to venture capitalists, I'm presuming you noticed with that that Leaf has lowered their packaging of their on demand cards which is really annoying - they used to put everything $19.99 and up in one touches - now it's just top loaders even for more expensive cards.  The new owners seem to be following the "pay more, get less" model pioneered by Fanatictopps and Panini.

The Pop Century Continium definitely show how low they've slipped - I feel legitimately bad for anyone who pays $100 for a pack and gets Traci Bingham who has what is likely several thousands of on card Benchwarmer autographs already out in the market place

Also, I think that Panini might have issued a Panini Instant Tommy DeVito autograph and presumably he'll be in Contenders

Panini is issuing a DeVito as part of the Studio Rookies Set

The Leaf 1/1 Autograph Proof Packs have finally sold out

I'm a bit surprised they stuck around that long even though as pre-production proofs they don't have as much value as "real" 1 of 1 cards - but at the price of most blasters, a guaranteed 1 of 1 autograph was difficult to beat and the worst player I got out of one was Dameon Pearce who at least goes right into my Florida Gators collection

Leaf Trinity Football checklist is out - 2023 product though, odd that it is so late since a company like Leaf really should be issuing 2024 product by now.

Also odd photo of sample cards - Caleb Williams player worn patch auto showing USC uniform and OU patch.

Leaf announced that they signed a multiyear exclusive trading card deal with a high school quarterback and teased that they will have another exclusive deal with a "MASSIVE" name.

LOL!, now even Leaf is signing exclusives.

Football cards have definitely reached silly season.

I can't even keep up with all of their releases, nor do I ever see them in retail (other than basic draft stuff) or card shops.

(03-18-2024, 10:08 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I can't even keep up with all of their releases, nor do I ever see them in retail (other than basic draft stuff) or card shops.
I've seen some hobby shops carry Leaf products - the closet one has super overpriced boxes so I never get boxes from them (I only buy individual cards from them) - one has really good box prices so I do get boxes from, but only when I am already going to the area they're in (they are about 90 miles from where I live) - another is also expensive and over 100 miles away - and one is over 300 miles away from where I live.

The LCS near my house doesn't carry Leaf products at all

So it's kind of slim pickings for Leaf hobby boxes at hobby shops