`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion

What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion
Started this tread to see what everyone's opinion is of what is trending in baseball cards (veteran, rookie, prospect, set...etc). Hoping this will help collectors like me who do not know what to add to their orgs to trade for their wants. Let the discussion begin!
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

RE: What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion
To me I think it's patches, autos and low numbered parallels. Any BIG name base RCs I think do well too... Hosmer, Harper etc
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

tougher 90's inserts of all the big name players of the day.. I know I'm chasing alot of them and so aren't many other collectors out there
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

I would say Autos!! Everyone I trade with adds autos. I think it's the first thing they do. On the left side of the trade page they click autos and go from there. With all of the uncertainty in game used people don't usually risk it unless its a PC guy. Also I think people try to get prospects but are usually to late and try and grab people that are already big money. I.e. Harper

Great opinions guys, keep them coming.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

Never been a fan of game-used myself.

Can never lose with autos, especially on cards autos. I think that's why Bowman Chrome has maintained it's popularity for all these years.

spending 10x too much on unproven prospects...
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

poster earlier nailed in: rare mid-90's inserts...and i think 2 years from now it will be rarer inserts from 2000-2001

(01-14-2012, 02:54 PM)krykslr Wrote: spending 10x too much on unproven prospects...
haha too true.
The 90's inserts are popular. But i think ultimately its all personal preference - more like favorite players than types of cards.

With the products coming out in the past years I would say prospects are the big thing. It seems the only products NOT based on prospects are TTT and tribute.

Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

(01-14-2012, 03:44 PM)charleybrown Wrote: haha too true.
The 90's inserts are popular. But i think ultimately its all personal preference - more like favorite players than types of cards.

With the products coming out in the past years I would say prospects are the big thing. It seems the only products NOT based on prospects are TTT and tribute.
and Ginter, Lineage, Heritage....
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]