`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Around the boards..

Around the boards..
Well the playoffs have claimed their first victims.......the Detroit Redwings take an early leave losing to the Nashville Predators 2-1 last night losing their best of 7 series 4 games to 1.......the acquisition late in the season of Alex Radulov had made a difference in the 5 games against the Wings Radulov averaged a point per game and finally breaking the ice with his first goal last night.......I don't know if it is just me but at times the Wings were doubling up on him I know he is a good player but no team can afford to double up on any particular player as it leaves openings for example Bourque in game 4 .........Rinne who has probably played more than any goaltender during the regular season was his stellar self versus the Wings....The preds now take their rest awaiting their next opponent.....
I am awaiting game time of a few games today first the Bruins versus the Cap's should be another good one I have felt from the very beginning Holtby would be talk of the playoffs and so far he has been he is going to have his hands full today in Boston ........the Sharks are facing elimination today against a strong defensive Blues team to go along with stellar goaltending.Sharks can't afford to wait till the end of the game to open it up....ding ding..I can just see myself today click click Sens /Rangers click click I think it is over for the Hawks today Mike Smith click click.......time for me to get the puck out of here .........enjoy the games all!!!

RE: Around the boards..
The Sharks sink (unfortunately), the Coyotes howl over their victory and I hope the Rangers sink in some melted ice. Caps over the Bruins for some reason.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

Correct and correct and same and reason being totally different game style although it is hard not to retort back to the offensive style that the players are used to it is the defensive style of Dale Hunter that have given the Cap's along with the hot goaltender in Holtby their chance in these playoffs......

can't stand the bruins so i hope they lose and that they have a Sask boy playing net makes it that much better also would like to see OV go far this year
as for the hawks all I'll say is you can't count them out and i hope that they win it all GO HAWKS (I can dream can't I)

Hockey is all about dreams!.........Well the Bruins now have their backs up along the boards so to speak...Caps played a good first half chalking up 2 goals but then let their guard down to the Bruins style of play and Shazam it is all knotted up.... to beat the Bruins you have to play them tight every period their goal scoring is all around the team so that means any line could hurt you on the score board it takes a whole team effort to beat them knot them up frustrate them......Cap's were fortunate that Thomas was not his stellar self and capitalized on it.........Cap's win 4-3 and now take the series lead 3 games to 2 headed back to Washington....

Thanks, I hadn't realized that until you posted it Sad

Unfortunately for some dems da breaks...lets see if it will be a perfect string....
Sharks eliminated check
Cap's beat Bruins check
Sen's beat Rangers check
1-0 so far for the Yotes...

As for the Rangers, we can't get shut out 2-0 at MSG. Unacceptable. A lot of great pressure on Anderson, yeah I know, blah blah blah. A lot of people picked the Rangers to go to the finals, but if we can't score one goal at home when the other goalie is hot, how would we possibly fair against Quick or Rinne?
Top 3 forwards need to step up, and defense need to wake up.

Oh... the other teams? Happy about Wings departure just because I'm sick of seeing them in the finals. Not surprised about Sharks, but who is? Would like Boston to win just because NY fans have developed a hatred for the Caps, but Holtby is playing great and big names such as Lucic are invisible. And rooting for Hawks because I like their skill but Crawford is not exactly a rock at the moment.
[Image: BeckettBanner1.jpg]

Lets not forget the hit on Boyle.....and a hot goaltender can decide games and it was not like the Rangers did not have their chances...

I'm happy with the results so far even though it makes some of my predictions wrong. My predictions were...

Rangers in 6
Bruins in 5 (but I want the Caps because being a goalie I have a man crush on Holtby)
Panthers in 6
Philly in 7

Blues in 6
Hawks in 6 (I want the Coyotes because again...I love Mike Smith)
Kings in 7
Predators in 6
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054