`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Eli wins another Super Bowl and Peyton never does then...

RE: If Eli wins another Super Bowl and Peyton never does then...
simple question:

is terry bradshaw the best qb to ever play the game, or 1 of the 4 best?

(06-18-2013, 11:32 AM)mkufta Wrote: As for which one I'd choose, it'd be Eli. Why? Championships are more important to me than stats. Growing up as a Dolphins and Marino fan, he's still a huge disappointment in my book because he was never able to win a title.

But what makes you a better QB? Passing yards and TD or Super Bowl rings? I guess that's one of those opinion type questions.
I agree that rings are given FAR too much weight. Football is a team game. I guess you would take Joe Flacco over Marino then?

The fault in your logic is that you are assuming that if no other pieces were change out, all else being equal, Peyton would not have won the Superbowl in that situation. I believe he would have.

You can have all the rings you want, but it doesn't make YOU (personally) any good at all, necessarily. It just makes you a champion. Plenty of terrible players have Superbowl rings. People make the mistake that just because a guy has 2 rings, it means he is good.

You may have 2 rings because you are good.... but you are not good just because you have 2 rings.

I agree with Jacoby here... who is terry Bradshaw other than the winning qb of 4 great Superbowl TEAMS

For anyone ... even giants fans... to say eli is better than Peyton is just insane...
Their are no comparisons for rings vs stats. Consistency etc
Where was the giants last year around playoff time? I forget. Yet Peyton leads a totally different team to yet another playoff berth? Hmmmm yeah I see how eli is better. *rolls eyes
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

I will probably get killed for this too, but look at Joe Namath for example. He threw 173 touchdowns against 220 interceptions in his career and posted a 65.5 QB rating. Lucky for him, his charisma rating was off the charts.

But he is a great QB because he won a Superbowl? (Plus his "guarantee" got all kinds of media hype, so people remember him for winning the Superbowl.)

Ask any NFL QB if they rather win SB's or have great stats.....You'll get the same answer 100% of the time.....

good stat link: http://sportslistoftheday.com/2012/01/31...e-numbers/

Eli and Peyton Manning

REGULAR SEASON (first 88 starts)
WON/LOSS/PCT: Eli 51-37 .580, Peyton 49-39 .557
ATT: Eli 2,814, Peyton 3,087
COMP: Eli 1,610, Peyton 1,933
COMP PCT: Eli 57.2%, Peyton 62.6%
PASSING YARDS: Eli 18,841, Peyton 22,746
YARDS/ATT: Eli 6.7, Peyton 7.4
YARDS/COMP: Eli 11.7, Peyton 11.8
TD: Eli 128, Peyton 154
INT: Eli 91, Peyton 106
PASSER RATING: Eli 79.3, Peyton 87.3
4th QTR/OT COMEBACKS: Eli 14, Peyton 18
OPPONENT’S W/L PCT: Eli 723-667-1 .520, Peyton 726-681-1 .516
COMPETITIVE DEFENSE RANK AVG. (YDS) Eli 15.3, Peyton 14.7

PLAYOFFS (first 7 starts)
PLAYOFF APPEARANCES: Eli 4 Peyton 4
SUPER BOWLS: Eli 1, Peyton 0
WON/LOSS/PCT: Eli 4-3 .571, Peyton 3-4 .429
ATT: Eli 193, Peyton 241
COMP: Eli 113, Peyton 144
COMP PCT: Eli 58.5%, Peyton 59.8%
PASSING YARDS: Eli 1,300, Peyton 1,934
YARDS/ATT: Eli 6.7, Peyton 8.0
YARDS/COMP: Eli 11.5, Peyton 13.4
TD: Eli 8, Peyton 14
INT: Eli 7, Peyton 7
PASSER RATING: Eli 77.6, Peyton 92.6
4th QTR/OT COMEBACKS: Eli 3, Peyton 0
OPPONENT’S W/L PCT: Eli 81-30-1 .730, Peyton 80-32 .714
COMPETITIVE DEFENSE RANK AVG. (YDS) Eli 14.9, Peyton 13.1

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

(06-18-2013, 01:02 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I agree that rings are given FAR too much weight. Football is a team game. I guess you would take Joe Flacco over Marino then?

The fault in your logic is that you are assuming that if no other pieces were change out, all else being equal, Peyton would not have won the Superbowl in that situation. I believe he would have.

You can have all the rings you want, but it doesn't make YOU (personally) any good at all, necessarily. It just makes you a champion. Plenty of terrible players have Superbowl rings. People make the mistake that just because a guy has 2 rings, it means he is good.

You may have 2 rings because you are good.... but you are not good just because you have 2 rings.
The question was, if Eli won a 3rd ring. You don't win 3 by accident.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

Didn't think this would be debated as much as it is. Football is a team sport. Peyton Manning is a better QB. Of course that is just an opinion. Smile
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(06-18-2013, 01:32 PM)giantfan270 Wrote: Ask any NFL QB if they rather win SB's or have great stats.....You'll get the same answer 100% of the time.....
and if eli was blocking for eli, and receiving from eli, and taking the handoff from eli, while stopping the other's team's offense cold as a shutdown safety, then youre argument would be completely valid to the point of this post
honestly: who doesnt think that peyton is the best, or one of the two best qb's of his generation? really...anyone?

(06-18-2013, 02:31 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: and if eli was blocking for eli, and receiving from eli, and taking the handoff from eli, while stopping the other's team's offense cold as a shutdown safety, then youre argument would be completely valid to the point of this post
honestly: who doesnt think that peyton is the best, or one of the two best qb's of his generation? really...anyone?
"One of" the best, but there are a few....

I'm sure Terry Bradshaw believes he was the greatest of all time, because of his SB wins, not because of his stats.

And a third ring for Eli would make this more than just opinions. It would close the door on Peyton and Brady...

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

When eli becomes consistent like Peyton and Brady... then we will talk about comparisons.
And no offence Ron... but this would be an easier argument if you weren't a diehard fan lol
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.