`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Eli wins another Super Bowl and Peyton never does then...

RE: If Eli wins another Super Bowl and Peyton never does then...
(06-18-2013, 02:39 PM)giantfan270 Wrote: I'm sure Terry Bradshaw believes he was the greatest of all time, because of his SB wins, not because of his stats.
he believes it. i dont even think steeler fans do

(06-18-2013, 02:39 PM)giantfan270 Wrote: And a third ring for Eli would make this more than just opinions. It would close the door on Peyton and Brady...
a third ring doesnt mean he is better than brady and peyton. that's laughable

im not talking about stats. im talking about using your eyes.

eli isnt even the fifth best qb right now. rings doesnt mean you are a good qb. period.

this is a great topic, a lot of posts mean that there is a lot of compassion for or against. can you imagine if you were archie and was asked this question? there's a ton of reasons why both could be considered elite.

peyton always controls his team and their drives, so if they falter, it's always his fault. take this past post season loss to the ravens...bone headed move...he knows better than that, but he was trying to make it happen when all he had to do was run it a little to burn the clock down then throw it away. NEVER throw from that angle and across your body. But this is how he always is...because he controls the offense completely and tries TOO hard to make it happen. BUT, and this is important, he does so much during the regular season that we'll always choose him over eli.

eli, on the other hand, always tends to have mediocre regular seasons, then comes alive during the playoffs. but how many times have we seen that from QBs? you rarely see a QB do that twice in their career though, so I do give eli some credit there.

i honestly wouldn't pick either one over the other on the field. the two can be dangerous no matter what. they can make the plays and you just have to wait for those mistakes...which more than not, do happen.

i will say, however, that i enjoyed eli on Saturday Night Live WAAAAY more than peyton. and if i had to choose one, i'd choose eli just on that performance Smile

the only way to decide this argument is to put each of the QB's in their prime on the same exact team. (cant possibly happen) but if you use that theory that every qb we are comparing would have the same talent around him then you can truly decide who is actually better.

lets for argument sake say every qb had the early 90's cowbows offense... ie smith, johnston, irvin, check, harper and the O'line ... wow what would peyton or marino do with that? alot more than bradshaw and even more than Aikmen who did have that cast.... what would Eli do? prolly not as much as peyton either

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

I dont think its fair to assume you can plug one guy on any team and assume the same level of success. Tom Brady imho is a little overrated. Is he great? Absolutely! However, I really feel Belichick has a lot to do with Brady's success. If you took Brady off the Pats and placed him on the Browns no chance he is the same player. Perhaps this would be true with a lot of players but Im just pointing it out.

Now when it comes to Eli and Peyton I think both have had similar talent surrounding them. Peyton puts up bigger numbers and gets all the credit whereas Eli puts up good numbers but everyone always says "his team" carries him. I feel thats unfair. Im not saying Eli is better than Peyton Im just saying Eli may play 8 more years and has a lot of time to pad his stats and win more titles. Stats and titles are not the only measure but they do matter to some degree. If Eli wins 1 or 2 more titles and Peyton never wins another one I dont think its crazy to make the argument Eli was the better player. Imo Peyton is the best regular season QB of all time and you can pencil in 12 wins every year he starts while remaining healthy but its no secret in the playoffs he is just mediocre.

In the end whats better?

Being an above average to great QB with 3 or 4 rings and a future HOFer?

or

Being a top 5 QB of all time with a poor postseason record and only having one title to show for it?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

top 5 qb of all time and 1 title...... who will also be a hall of famer
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

At Christmas Peyton takes the 10 and under kids and Eli gets the older than 10 kids just so Eli has a fighting chance to not get totally destroyed by Peyton and 10 year olds in the family football game.

If Tyree doesnt make a spectacular catch Eli has 1 less ring.

If Peyton was allowed to move the ball in the last 30 seconds of last years game instead of playing for a tie Flacco is 100 million dollars poorer.

Peyton destorys Eli in almost every stat and he had to face Brady in his prime - a span that saw the Patriots win 3 of 4 Super Bowls and Drew Brees in arguably the best season of his career and amidst Bountygate.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(06-18-2013, 06:17 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: top 5 qb of all time and 1 title...... who will also be a hall of famer
But isnt the purpose of playing the game in the first place is to be champions?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

new discussion.. whos better.. terry bradshaw or peyton manning? lol
funny part is.. everyone who says eli is better in the thread will go with peyton because there is NO argument over that.. although bradshaw has 4 rings.. but it matters if eli "could" get 3 or 4? cmon guys.. think a bit.
AND i like eli.. ALOT!
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(06-18-2013, 06:25 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: But isnt the purpose of playing the game in the first place is to be champions?
sure, but that has no bearing on who is a better qb.
or, put it this way:

is bob griese a better qb than dan marino? did he have the better career? he won two super bowls, marino: nada

(06-18-2013, 06:22 PM)branesergen Wrote: If Tyree doesnt make a spectacular catch Eli has 1 less ring.
If Eli didn't break free of two tackles in the pocket and make the pass, no one would know who David Tyree was. Eli made that play happen, Tyree's catch was luck. Let's give a little credit where credit is due. Not saying that Peyton couldn't do the same thing, but a lesser QB than the current greats, would have folded in the pocket and never got pass off.

http://youtu.be/JNUkUCknT90

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"