`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Eli wins another Super Bowl and Peyton never does then...

If Eli wins another Super Bowl and Peyton never does then...
will you consider Eli better than Peyton?

will Eli become an all time great player and Peyton become a player who didnt live up to the hype?

will Eli's cards become more sought after and hold more value than Peytons?

Im asking these questions because Eli is the most underrated QB in the league. It seems as if the only time you hear about him is when he is compared to Peyton or he has a bad game. Take a second and remember how each won their Super Bowls. Eli beat the almighty Pats not once but twice! Peyton beat a Rex Grossman lead Bears team. Yes Peyton did lead the Colts to a huge second half comeback against the Pats in the AFC Championship but the Super Bowl is the ultimate game. Now lets fast forward...if the Giants win the Super Bowl this year and Eli grabs his 3rd ring will he be better than Peyton in your eyes? I know its a question that no one thought could be asked but...I asked it for a reason.

My answer is yes. 3 rings are better than 1. Peyton may have the stats and the title of being the most popular player of his generation but Eli is pretty darn good and his stats are pretty impressive as well. I also feel the Colts and Broncos rely more on Peyton than the Giants do Eli which could mean Peyton is so good that he can handle it and maybe Eli can not or Eli can do the same things as Peyton but because of Coughlin wanting to run things his way Eli hasnt been given the opportunity to do so. Just a thought to ponder...

As for the hobby I would assume Peyton's most sought after RC is his Sp Authentic RC. Would there ever come a time where the majority of folks would prefer Eli's Sp Authentic RC over Peyton's??? I almost can't believe what I just typed lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: If Eli wins another Super Bowl and Peyton never does then...
No offense to Eli at all but he is by no means the reason they won two Super Bowls. Eli is good but no he isn't as good as Peyton. The reason Eli has two rings is because he had a dominant defense and quite frankly both patriots teams he beat had a shotty defense. I think the only reason Peyton doesn't have more rings is because he went against Brady and the Patriots in their prime, when they had a killer offense and a killer defense. Eli got Brady and the Patriots when they were on the decline, or at least on the decline IMO. The offense was still very good but the Patriots defense hasn't been very good for years.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

peyton is by far the better qb. he does, however, have a history - going back to college even - of not doing well in post season (despite the one SB ring)

Eli will never be an elite qb. the thing he has going for him is that when he makes mistakes, he makes them deep, which hurts his team less. eli is a goo qb, no doubt, but not elite. peyton is one of the two best qb's of his generation

super bowls are not won by qb's, they are won by team's

terry bradshaw, despite 4 rings, was never an elite qb. and that is who eli is: he is bradshaw - a good qb that happened to be on winning super bowl teams

too much is put on rings to measure a QB's success... Marino was and is still considered one of the best with ZERO rings.... I would compare ELI to Jim Kelly with the respect that the rest of the teams especially the defense played a big part if not the biggest.... No giants pass rush and brady tears the Giants apart ... I think Kelly was better than ELI and he has no rings... and I also think Kelly was better than Bradshaw who has 4 rings..... I think if ELI wins 3 more super bowls he wont be as good a peyton. Im sure the flames are coming but was montana really that great or was it the system of walsh and montant was good-very good and had a great system and supporting cast? Is Aikmen better than manning (peyton) because he has 3? nope not by a long shot! if rings were an accurate measuring stick you would have to put Peyton Manning on the same level as Jeff Hostetler, Rob Johnson and Mark Rypien and all 4 would better than Marino.

Just my 2 cents Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Too late, Eli's already "Elite", and any team in the NFL would bend over backwards to have him at the helm. "Rings" are how the QB's measure their own success. He does make some bad decisions under pressure, but he also knows how to win , which it all that counts. He puts up points! In 2011, Eli posted a career-high 4,933 yards passing (sixth most in NFL history), which is 233 more than Peyton's best. His record breaking 15 fourth-quarter TD passes helped lead the Giants to eight victories in games they were either tied or trailing through three quarters.

"If you asked either of these two brothers what matters most, neither would say their stats. Both would come back with the same answer: postseason success. That of course is Eli's ultimate trump card. While Peyton has struggled to a 9-10 record in the playoffs with only one Super Bowl ring on his finger, Eli has flourished to an 8-3 record, two Super Bowl victories and a quarterback record five wins on the road."

And I prey that Eli's card prices catch up to Peyton's!
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

Nothing against Eli at all but he will never be better than Peyton no matter how many super bowls he wins. Peyton is just way more gifted as a Qb than Eli. Except maybe in the playoffs! LOL
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

Lets not forget that had Kyle Williams not fumbled the ball 3 times in the NFC championship game, Eli more than likely wouldn't have that 2nd ring. I don't think he's as good as Peyton but his teams were better than Peyton's. But Eli isn't liked as much from day one when he cried his way to a different team on draft day lol
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(06-18-2013, 01:50 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: will you consider Eli better than Peyton?

will Eli become an all time great player and Peyton become a player who didnt live up to the hype?

will Eli's cards become more sought after and hold more value than Peytons?

Im asking these questions because Eli is the most underrated QB in the league. It seems as if the only time you hear about him is when he is compared to Peyton or he has a bad game. Take a second and remember how each won their Super Bowls. Eli beat the almighty Pats not once but twice! Peyton beat a Rex Grossman lead Bears team. Yes Peyton did lead the Colts to a huge second half comeback against the Pats in the AFC Championship but the Super Bowl is the ultimate game. Now lets fast forward...if the Giants win the Super Bowl this year and Eli grabs his 3rd ring will he be better than Peyton in your eyes? I know its a question that no one thought could be asked but...I asked it for a reason.

My answer is yes. 3 rings are better than 1. Peyton may have the stats and the title of being the most popular player of his generation but Eli is pretty darn good and his stats are pretty impressive as well. I also feel the Colts and Broncos rely more on Peyton than the Giants do Eli which could mean Peyton is so good that he can handle it and maybe Eli can not or Eli can do the same things as Peyton but because of Coughlin wanting to run things his way Eli hasnt been given the opportunity to do so. Just a thought to ponder...

As for the hobby I would assume Peyton's most sought after RC is his Sp Authentic RC. Would there ever come a time where the majority of folks would prefer Eli's Sp Authentic RC over Peyton's??? I almost can't believe what I just typed lol.
IMO, there are 2 different ways to look at it.

As a QB who has all the intangibles, all the mechanics, all the smarts, all the abilities and stats, you gotta go with Payton.

As a QB who wins championships, as hard as it is to say as an Eagles fan, you gotta go with Eli especially if he wins another championship. I don't think Eli is a great QB but he's apparently clutch when he needs to be.

As for which one I'd choose, it'd be Eli. Why? Championships are more important to me than stats. Growing up as a Dolphins and Marino fan, he's still a huge disappointment in my book because he was never able to win a title.
(06-18-2013, 10:28 AM)s1020 Wrote: Nothing against Eli at all but he will never be better than Peyton no matter how many super bowls he wins. Peyton is just way more gifted as a Qb than Eli. Except maybe in the playoffs! LOL
But what makes you a better QB? Passing yards and TD or Super Bowl rings? I guess that's one of those opinion type questions.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

guess david carr should be in the mix too.... according to mfukta thats how you determine a "better" QB.. not by stats or passing yards.. but rings. david carr has 2
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

So Eli rode the pine while his team won a Super Bowl or was he the starting QB who actually made plays? Your reading comprehension has to be better than that.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com