Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
RECENT SLABS / PICKUPS - PART 1

RE: RECENT SLABS / PICKUPS - PART 1
More shiny stuff now photographed / scanned so I can move on to my BGS slabs
PSA of course combined pop reports for different letters of the Spellbounds ( why ??) so they are getting the 2023 Grinch award for this and other things

I have a few dozen more PSA slabs to catch up, but insurance gals not taking no for an answer on my BGS Clemens stuff so back to that we go

The Finest are part of my PSA Finest sets going to new homes

[Image: full]

Just cannot seem to swim out of these PSA slabs to get to my BGS Clemens stuff
More important than personal PC scans,  so I'll keep scanning the PSA until I see the floor
Most came from box breaks years ago except the Springer which I saw cheaply priced on ebay years ago
ide)

More from the 2007 Playoff NFL Playoff Black Metalized grouping I subbed on various PSA subs
Average was Mint 9 on most, a few 8's, and the occasional Gem 10. Tough series honestly due to the foiling to get a Mint 9 or Gem 10
As usual had to use my camera on the phone to take front pics scans just dont do this set justice
Think I own the Harrison ,Wayne,  Romo and Eli Manning top pops

Got 4 more PSA slabs from 2021 Prizm to scan and will finally be able to get some BGS scans done

Last 4 PSA slabs ( for now) finally scanned. There's tons of the Herbert Hype and Chase Prizm base items slabbed

The Kuechly Orange Disco Prizm however is a Pop 1 none higher and the Bo Light Blue Prizm a PSA 10 Pop 2

Finally can move on to my BGS slabs Big Grin

Recently I added these 3 items below to my 2008 Upper Deck Heroes subsets
Never slabbed the base as base are always the last to be slabbed
I already had a slabbed Black, but it came back a BGS 7, so it necessitated an upgrade

Just never got around to slabbing that Light Blue patch until now

Here for brevity's sake is the run I have right now slabbed. Right now 8 slabs away from a run- 3 I have- and 5 I don't

I need to locate 5 very, very difficult items ( 3 low # parallels and 2 low # Purple autos) to complete the series.The Purple are just a matter of knowing the right collectors and being there at the right time

Not bad considering I did not even buy this series when it first came out as I was moving cross country during its release distribution

BASE AND BASE PARALLELS
======================

BASE (not numbered)

EMERALD # to 499

CHARCOAL # to 399

BEIGE # to 299

RED # to 249

NAVY BLUE # to 199
Still need to slab this one- I do own it

BROWN # to 149

SEA GREEN # to 99
Need to locate multiple copies and slab one at least

LIGHT BLUE # to 49

PURPLE # to 25

JERSEY
===============

CHARCOAL JSY- unnumbered

LIGHT BLUE JSY # to 200

BLACK JSY # to 125

RED JSY - # to 100
Still need to slab this one

NAVY BLUE JSY # to 50

EMERALD JSY # to 25

PATCHES
========

LIGHT BLUE PATCH # to 25

BEIGE PATCH # to 10

AUTOS
========

I need the rest- a Patch Auto # to 10, Purple Auto # to 5 and Purple Patch Auto # to 5

Couple more scan catch ups these from 2008 Ultimate
Fellow Clemens collectors will appreciate the number symmetry of the two Jumbos

More Clemens slab scan catch ups. From 2007 Premier Stitchings I slabbed the last of card # 50 Stitchings-7 CY Youngs- the Base Silver version ( TOP SCAN)
Has a Silver # to 50 ( this one), another Gold one ( # to 35) and a Platinum # to 10
Strangely owned the Platinum # to 10 first then got the others
Need to finish some of these nuisance Stitchings cards subsets

FYI- not sure who UD used - but they screwed post production up on many of these. Only visible to those who broke tons
It "should" have consistency of product variation and it doesn't. Silver variations with Gold borders
Golds with Platinum finishes on the edges. Platinums with dull base silver or gold linings
A bunch of green tinted ones. Made no sense on this series -which for UD is not normal - can usually read their stuff like a book
SILVER ( # to 50)= NEWLY SLABBED

ONES I HAD SLABBED ALREADY
GOLD ( # to 35)

PLATINUM ( # to 10)

Apparenty skipped over these 2005 items

In 2005 FLEER NATIONAL PASTIME was one of the final sets they were able to get out before the bankruptcy halted everything. Lord knows Fleer if they could have survived would have started crushing it hobby wise - the sets were getting better each year

Info about this series can be found 2005 NATIONAL PASTIME

Starting with his Base item- card # 26 - Clemens has 4 variations in descending order- Base, Red # to 150, White # to 22, and Blue # to 1/1

OK- here's where problems arise. See my Blue Foil?  Slabbed less than 2 years after the set came out in 2007- unnumbered. Supposedy replacement items filtered out of Fleer's Bankruptcy ( less than 10 each replacement was the explanation) of these 1/1 items
So I consider this the unnumbered /10 version and will until I see the actual 1/1 stamped version

Special thanks to @jmc855 ( Jay) who was nice enough to trade me a White /22 for one of my rare Clemens items I had serial # dupes of. That White foil barely spent a day here before mailing it to be slabbed

All I have left to slab is the base item and the base series I'll consider done
RED FOIL

WHITE FOIL

BLUE FOIL

Next up is his GRAND OLD GAMERS variations
There are 5 total items - a Base card, a Jersey short printed to 50, two Patch cards both short printed # /22 and a 1/1 Masterpiece
I am missing just his Blue Jersey Dual Patch  # /22 and the Masterpiece 1/1 so just 1 card honestly to find and this will be done
This time I slabbed the base item just to get that pile of dust covered items down more
BASE

JERSEY SHORT PRINT # to / 50

DUAL PATCH KWRC # to /22
Last up is the HISTORICAL RECORD items. These patches- yeah- gotta have money to complete as your competing against some serious player guys
Never really spent time the last 10 years trying so maybe in the near future I'll see whats out there and make some inquiries now that I'm able
I do have two of them slabbed I'll see what else my inventory search digs up

2005 ETOPPS JOURNEY

So back in this older post I posted about my 2005 ETOPPS journey while working on my Clemens registry
Recently was able to gather my raw stuff and slab some of them finally after getting the OPG handled properly
It then took me the last 5 months to get the jobs to show properly so my slabs would appear in my registry and map properly
Along the way I've gathered some show stuff I came across inventory wise

Two things I'm sure of- that I have more items / paperwork buried, and since I didn't exactly keep up the last 7-10 years more may have popped up I wouldn't have seen , because frankly I have stayed off eBay except to sell . Trying to figure out exactly how many Econ4 and Econ5 had, and looks like crowd sourcing is gonna be the solution

Here is what I now have slabbed / located for just 2005 Etopps ( along with Econ 4 and 5 show variations)
Gotta find more of that #ES13 and get a Gem = gonna take a bit Topps QC sucks as always

NOTE: I also located 2002, 2003 and 2004 variations from those two shows - I will update those when I get that far
For now- 2005 variations only since its 2005 eTopps inventory the insurance folks want shown

Clemens is most definitely NOT on the Etopps Event Series #19 Houston Astros World Series Liftoff so that ones still raw
I may slab using PSA since there's Astros collectors, Oswalt guys etc etc etc

BTW = see me if selling and Econ4 or Econ5 Clemens- I generally pay 100% or more on values
Also see me even if your not selling your copy =  I'd still like to see pics of other variations to compile a proper list

OPG # 5701132 = 2005 eTopps #13 Houston Astros/1227
Actual Title says "Houston Astros 2005"

OPG # 7622051 = 2005 eTopps Season Events #14 Houston Astros/650 *
Actual title should say "Astros Have a Record July"

OPG # 7622054 = 2005 eTopps Season Events #17 Houston Marathon/1000 *
Actual Title says " Houston Marathon"

OPG # 7622056 = 2005 eTopps Season Events #19 Houston Astros/579 *
Actual Title says " Houston Astros World Series Liftoff"
Clemens is NOT on this card I bought it to make sure and all 10 players were ID
OK- here are the 2005 ETOPPS # 80 plus all show variations I was able to locate and scan for the insurance folks
Some from Econ4 in 2006 and some from Econ5 in 2007

ECON4 VARIATIONS
==============

ECON5 VARIATIONS
================

Updated scans of some base cards from  2007 BOWMAN'S BEST  I never showed
I do have two Golds lying around and I just bought a third on feebay last week that should arrive I need to slab. Surfaces on these are a pain. I'll upgrade someday when I want to right now not wasting the time or funds

And a bunch of PSA re-slabs now back . Had to use my phone on that Bowman's Best
Two for the PC and two in da store