IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
RECENT SLABS / PICKUPS - PART 1

RE: RECENT SLABS / PICKUPS - PART 1
Miscellaneous scans of several slabs from sets begun from the dust piles back
Many of these sets have tons of base stuff I havent submitted
Now that I'm attacking 10-12 yr old dust piles we should start seeing more base, refractors and misc stuff
Most all are not serial numbered ( meaning the lowest priority on my submission lists)

The Topps Co-sgners I just started slabbing thats one of those hundred plus variaton sets last on my lists
Below that two resales going you know where
Surfaces on Mosaic are such a pain- those HD as just like it- they show any defects easliy. Whoever got a 10 on their Griffey HD - geesh- tough , tough issue to nail that grade Cool

[Image: full]

Added more recent slab scans back. Also ID a mislabel on a recent return so that ones head back to be fixed. First up - the mislabel. It is the Best Wishes version- the word VERY is not on this item. Simple mistake

Hard to fathom how it happens when I provided the OPG item # on every item for my sub
But hey- minor annoyance- it will get fixed  Dodgy

And a few from 2005 Diamond Kings from the dust piles. Mostly base with a few serial numbered variations mixed in. Think the dust pile of these is cut in quarters now, but I still have 80 or 100 more plus variations to send in
These are part of a whole slew of DLP, Topps, UD series that had never ending variations
I do not prioritize them at all- they sit , and are literally last on the priority list I use when submitting.Basically use them as fillers to top off subs. They generally grade near mint with ocassional higher grades, and sometimes lower

A few Astros variations, one Red Sox, and 4 of the Yankees
Obviously going to have to upgrade the Blue Black and White Yanks variation

A recent order for me.  The 23% discount was a nice one and worth sending under the standard submission

[Image: BGScombined2024a.jpg]

Nice poppage Jordan- especiall like that CeeCee Big Grin 

I posted back in October 2003 about scanning base items for the inventory people and one of the sets was my 2003 TOPPS 205
Updating some new slabs back and they returned my mislabeled 2003 Topps 205 Sovereign Green to me so here's the scan of that one

I haven't started in on either of these below sets, so these were just the first salvo as I'm sure I have tons more base items from both laying around.Think there's just 4 items in 2003 Bowman Chrome so just gotta locate some of my refractors and slab and that subset is done .Did find 2 unopened / sealed Gold Refractors so I'll just keep them as is. Wil upgrade that Xfractor down the road

More catch up done, and I caught more errors when I went to put away prior scanned items
I came across a 2nd mislabel - BOTH of these from the same submission I just got back
In case no ones noticing these piles are crammed with 2004 / 2005 base items
It's because I'm attacking all my " dust piles "

Leaf Exhibits- should be just Best Wishes Right the word "Very" is not on the card - correct OPG # 4965988

Studio Portraits Certified Sepia- should be Throwback Threads Sepia B/W just look at the back of the card- hello- correct OPG #5094525

Hard to fathom- I mean I give them the OPG # on my sheets - do they not believe me ??
Will send them back to get fixed - just a nuisance easily handled

Like Jay @jmc855 said in a prior comment -- various DLP sets ,,,,,,,,,, they ,,,,,,, never ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, end   Dodgy

Well I guess Sportscasters fits that profile - three new slabs are back with another 80+ more to slab

[Image: post_thread_1298655552_WOW.png]
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(01-23-2024, 08:59 PM)jeffv96masters Wrote: Nice poppage Jordan- especiall like that CeeCee Big Grin 
Thanks!  I have one more 10-card order I should get back around March/April.  In the meantime, a PSA/DNA order is back.  I should get back into doing TTM autographs, it's how I acquired all of the signatures originally.  The Bears cards were a gift from my brother, he attended the Bears game they were handed out at.

[Image: s6-Iqw-Kh-W3-E2e-MEkkkpsld-A.jpg]

[Image: XTOi-N6-SFX06-Lv-Hv-W3p-TMw-Q.jpg]

[Image: MCVJb-Nkni-UK6t-Jm-ZWLv5-MQ.jpg]

[Image: 8hk-YGv-VPj-Eqr-Uow5q-NEp-Pw.jpg]

[Image: Jk-GBCy-5-KESi-n6f-LZh4-A.jpg]

[Image: y-Oxx-Cn-CTrke-Oo-HZl-O-EE-Q.jpg]

Went all Vito Corleone on fellow Clemens collector Jay @jmc855 with an offer he couldn't refuse and have obtained these two

One completes the 2004 Bowmans Best series for me once slabbed, the other completes ALL the 2005 E-Topps 1/1 variations from the 2007 E-Convention 5

Appreciate the help Jay !!

Some slabs I've been meaning to enter into my Clemens registry to finish off scanning a small 20 card order from Oct 2023. Still have a bunch of July 2023 subs to scan so backogs getting up there again gotta knuckle down

A little disappointed in the Finest , but the surface sucked,  so I sent it in first as I figured that will be the "low" bar. Not suprised it graded so low as the stars and moons surface reflections really don't pop like they should

On the Omegas- I subbed a dupe I had and traded away the Sox uniform # to Jay @jmc855 to add to his uni # stash

The Revolutions are just fine pleased with both grades. Pacific cards are not known for their great condition. Personally I like the Gold tint on the base item better than the Silver tint on the Tiers card

OLD PREMIERE DATE

NEW PREMIERE DATE

A few slabs that came back over the last year or so as I continue playing catch up
Damn near went blind with the first two ( Summit and Keeping the Pace)

I showed of the Pinnacle X-press base cards a few months ago,and these are the " Men of Summer" foil variation. God awful ugly , as this is proof how poorly chosen foil board can wreck a card

The Donruss Signature base card I had a BGS 9 this is an upgrade
Not sure why I subbed it, but think I just decided since I saw the Proof - lets just sub that pile
I generally don't try and upgrade I just move on- unless its like the 20008 UD Heroes where the grade was totally poor. Then I get irritated and sub its replacement right away !!  Have to locate the BGS 9 and say bye bye