`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you on the "hunt" for?

What are you on the "hunt" for?
Just thought I'd start a new thread to see what everyone is still hunting for.  I'm still hunting for some high end/low # rookies that have eluded me in my quest.

Burrow, T-Law (non-Clemson), Herbert, Mahomes autos are currently missing from my collection, which I would like to add at some point in time.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

RE: What are you on the "hunt" for?
(08-18-2022, 06:59 AM)Speak917 Wrote: Just thought I'd start a new thread to see what everyone is still hunting for.  I'm still hunting for some high end/low # rookies that have eluded me in my quest.

Burrow, T-Law (non-Clemson), Herbert, Mahomes autos are currently missing from my collection, which I would like to add at some point in time.
Those are all going to be expensive - T-Law was the only first round QB whose autos eluded me last year - I was actually hoping to get a Clemson one since my wife is a Clemson fan.  But they are simply too expensive for me to buy now.

For Mahomes, I'd try to get a pre-draft 2017 auto - first, the price will be much lower to get Texas Tech or Sage/Leaf - and second, Mahomes is a player whose autograph quality has vastly declined since his initial autos (I look at the new Mahomes autos that people are excited to pull compared to my 2017 Sage autos of him and it's not even close - while Mahomes never had the best signature, the Sage Autos look a ton better)

For me, my main hunt when I go to the LCS here is on card HOF autos and Eagles/collleges I collect autos I don't have

Yeah, I know they'll be expensive, but Burrow is one that is on my list as a must have. T-Law is one that I'd like to have, as I am in your situation, he's the only one I haven't pulled (as of yet). Herbie would be a "nice to have" as would a Mahomes.

I do have some nice Eagles autos (one is a Devonta Smith Contenders Optic cracked ice currently into PSA).

Oh, boy... I'm hunting some pretty niche stuff right now.

I need 2015 Topps Panthers: hits and parallels I don't have, plus the Panthers Road to Victory card. That year, Topps put 150 cards per team in Topps football packs. If the team on your card won the Super Bowl, you could redeem it for an exclusive parallel set. Funnily enough, I have the Panthers from that set, but I want the Panthers redemption card. The other tough find will be purple parallels. Those were Toys-R-Us exclusive and unnumbered, but I've only ever been able to find one Panthers card. I've about given up on that one.

The other set I'm after is 2017 Classics Panthers. I include CMC and Curtis Samuel in this hunt, since they were drafted that year, but their cards are Stanford and OSU. There are a bunch of parallels, but most of them are numbered. I still need the Samuel Blue Back /175 and almost everything #'d 25 and lower. Probably won't do well on autos from this set, but the parallels are great.

Other than that, I'm looking for (when I can think to look for it)... take a deep breath... DJ Moore Contenders rookie auto, Cam Newton Scorecard RC, 2015 Score Panthers parallels, and some other specific cards.

Can't forget about Daniel Jones autos and cool cards too Wink
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

I bought a second year Herbert auto /10 for much less than the cost of most hobby boxes - I haven't really seen evidence that Herbert's auto

I got a Burrow auto that I pulled out of a box of Contenders Draft Picks in 2020 - it's an on-plate auto so its an One of One (although some people don't consider plates to be "true" one of ones) - it is a p.c. item for me

That is a nice Devonta especially since it should be on card (although he has a pretty poor signature) - I went big on Devonta last year even getting an on card RPS /10 that was pretty pricey (but a very nice looking card) as well as an Alabama auto of his - actually I think the pre-draft Alabama at least had him write out his full last name rather than just the initials if I remember right.

Mostly a Jameson Williams auto for my Lions PC ... Aidan Hutchinson and Penei Sewell (other recent first rounders) were pretty cheap because they're linemen, but Williams gets the cost bump because he's a WR.

Would also like to get a Trey Lance auto, though those are pretty crazy at the moment.

Other than that, always looking for USC guys, Lions, especially autos, but nothing specific.

(08-18-2022, 10:22 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Mostly a Jameson Williams auto for my Lions PC ... Aidan Hutchinson and Penei Sewell (other recent first rounders) were pretty cheap because they're linemen, but Williams gets the cost bump because he's a WR.

Would also like to get a Trey Lance auto, though those are pretty crazy at the moment.

Other than that, always looking for USC guys, Lions, especially autos, but nothing specific.
I think I have a few Sewell's, will double check.  Looking for any Sage Surratt's?  I know I have a few of his.

(08-18-2022, 02:21 PM)Speak917 Wrote: I think I have a few Sewell's, will double check.  Looking for any Sage Surratt's?  I know I have a few of his.
No Surratts for me, I think he got cut in camp last year, LOL

I'm pretty good on Sewell but mostly looking for Hutch and Williams, especially once their pro stuff starts coming out.

Finally was able to scratch off T-Law auto from my list of wants/needs. Picked up a 2021 Elements Cobalt (#/27) on-card auto. I think Elements is my favorite product.

Now if I am able to get a Burrow auto........

(10-17-2022, 08:25 AM)Speak917 Wrote: Finally was able to scratch off T-Law auto from my list of wants/needs.  Picked up a 2021 Elements Cobalt (#/27) on-card auto.  I think Elements is my favorite product. 

Now if I am able to get a Burrow auto........
Scan or it didn't happen.