`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Durant - First Ballot HoF?

RE: Kevin Durant - First Ballot HoF?
(12-15-2022, 07:23 PM)hempick Wrote: Right?

I did end up selling two really cool Aaron Judge cards right before the break up, but I suppose I just wasn't meant to have them.

One was 2017 Topps Clear RC parallel 01/10 and the other was 2017 Topps Chrome Blue Refractor Auto RC 001/150.

Ah well.  That's life.
Dang. Those are nice cards, but that is part of life. They are only cards, but they're really cool ones.

I once sold three Trout 2011 Update RCs as a lot for $27 buy it now, because, you know, I was really clever with the jersey number thing.

The two cards I absolutely wish I had back though are the SP Authentic RCs of LeBron James and Dwyane Wade that I pulled myself out of our LCS at the time.

I sold them both together after they lost the 2011 Finals to Dallas because I figured they were never going to win titles after that.

Plus, with LeBron being in Miami and the SPA card showing him with Cleveland, it always drives me nuts when the players on the cards are on different teams.

Would probably trade my entire collection to get those back.

Ohhhhh no.

A friend of mine gave me all of his LeBron cards when he left the Cavs because he LOVES the Cavs. I would give them back if he asked, though.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(12-16-2022, 10:34 AM)hempick Wrote: Ohhhhh no.

A friend of mine gave me all of his LeBron cards when he left the Cavs because he LOVES the Cavs.  I would give them back if he asked, though.
To this day when I see LeBron on TV or hear his name it still stings a bit, more than 10 years later.

The only saving grace is that my other LCS (also out of business now) traded me a LeBron rookie auto from UD Rookie Exclusives a few years later, and then I pulled another Wade auto from a Target retail box.

No talk of Lebrons autos. I haven't ever had one, but I really want one.

(12-16-2022, 12:24 PM)akaus Wrote: No talk of Lebrons autos. I haven't ever had one, but I really want one.
I have two!!! The Rookie Exclusives and then a 2011 Goodwin's Champions - I like that one because the picture shows him during "The Decision" - so technically I count it as a Heat auto, LOL

Perfect. Feel free to send one my way. Christmas is coming!

(12-16-2022, 04:33 PM)akaus Wrote: Perfect. Feel free to send one my way. Christmas is coming!
This can be arranged for the right trade.

KD has his strong following. i like his time at GS and feel he could retire now and go into the HOF.

(12-31-2022, 11:07 AM)ARod711 Wrote: KD has his strong following. i like his time at GS and feel he could retire now and go into the HOF.
He'll be in the Hall of Fame - just like us, LOL