Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Durant - First Ballot HoF?

Kevin Durant - First Ballot HoF?
Need some opinions on this:

Back in May/June I was thinking about selling one of my prized sports cards, a very rare Kevin Durant rookie.

I took it to my local card store and the guy there said that he couldn't give me that much for it because "Kevin Durant isn't that good."

I was like, "Are you kidding me? He's already a first ballot HoFer and he isn't retired yet."

His response was "I'm not sure he'll make the Hall and if he does it definitely won't be on the first ballot."

I think the guy either was either trying to make me think what I had was worth less than it actually is worth or he just doesn't know basketball very well.

...but like.

Short summary of Durant's accolades:

1x MVP
2x Finals MVP
2x NBA Champ
2x All-Star MVP
4x Scoring Average Leader
12x All-Star
10x All-NBA
Rookie of the Year
26,000 career points
75th Anniversary team (one of the 75 best players EVER)

...and again, he's still playing.

I get that he made a bad decision by going to the Nets, but the stats speak for themselves imo.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

RE: Kevin Durant - First Ballot HoF?
He will be in the HOF for sure. I would say that he probably would be a first ballot hall of famer, but you never know anymore. He does sell for a lot less than some of the other bigger stars though. I am not sure why that is, but it has been like that for a while. What card are you talking about? You are probably better off holding on to it for a while, but that is just my opinion.

2007-08 Finest Blue Refractor /199 BGS 10

He will be a first ballot HOFer for sure.

I think the perception about his personality (waaaaaaaay too sensitive on social media) and that he "sold out" to go to Golden State have hurt his values.

In reality, he didn't sell out to go to Golden State - he just exercised his right as a free agent to go there.

(12-15-2022, 03:02 PM)hempick Wrote: 2007-08 Finest Blue Refractor /199 BGS 10
Sweet card for sure. I would hold until he becomes popular again. You might have to wait until he gets inducted into the HOF, but I feel it will be worth the wait. Is is a pop 1?

I don't disagree regarding his social media presence. One of the few things that I dislike about him. =\

(12-15-2022, 03:13 PM)hempick Wrote: I don't disagree regarding his social media presence.  One of the few things that I dislike about him.  =\
He just comes across as extremely insecure and defensive the majority of the time.

It's like ... wait for it ... if you don't like what people are saying, just stay off social media.

(12-15-2022, 03:10 PM)akaus Wrote: Sweet card for sure. I would hold until he becomes popular again. You might have to wait until he gets inducted into the HOF, but I feel it will be worth the wait. Is is a pop 1?
I hadn't ever seen another until about a week ago when one showed up on eBay. The seller wants $13k for it.

I tried checking the population report, but it kept throwing back an error so I wasn't able to see if there were any others.

...and yeah, for sure I'm going to hold on to it. The only reason I was going to sell was because my g/f and I needed money to be able to get a place together, but we broke up so that isn't an issue anymore.

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend. At least you didn't sell the Durant and then break up.

(12-15-2022, 06:21 PM)akaus Wrote: Sorry to hear about your girlfriend. At least you didn't sell the Durant and then break up.
Right?

I did end up selling two really cool Aaron Judge cards right before the break up, but I suppose I just wasn't meant to have them.

One was 2017 Topps Clear RC parallel 01/10 and the other was 2017 Topps Chrome Blue Refractor Auto RC 001/150.

Ah well. That's life.